Bill,

You might note the following:

Verbal pronunciation and "muttered" pronunciation is what passes as
mantra for most hindoo-s and Tibetans. That is why they call it japa
(repetition). Not all of them do it this way however.

TM is decidedly not like that but is based upon the four (4) levels of
speech (Vak) that chart the influence of human speech from verbal
articulation to the noetic pulsations at the borderline of silence.

…………………………………………………………………………….

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, William Parkinson <ameradian2@...>
wrote:

> Hi Rob. What I found interesting in the pronunciation was simply this:
books on mantra meditation that I have state very emphatically that the
mantra must be pronounced absolutely clearly and correctly. I assume
because they believe that the mantra is some sort of sonic
representation, if not sonic manifestation, of the deity. Yet in TM we
are told the mantra might will change as we use it. And the mantra
should ideally be a faint thought--not something clear and strong in our
minds.This was part of my interest in this varient ways of saying the
mantras. Â