> Supplying some mental floss for this exchange and just
> in case Judy's use of quotation marks is obfuscating,
> I'm sure it's not me she is quoting as I did not write
> those words. Or even think them. Maybe herself? Or
> someone from another decade?
>
> PS I'd rather be a supposed "pompous, reality-avoiding
> dormouse" than a rageful, reality-obfuscating dirty
> fighter. BTW, The previous sentence shows the clean
> fighting way of using quotation marks as the words
> enclosed therein were actually written by a FFL poster.

I think we may need a ruling from the judges on
this one, as to whether the use of quote marks
around your own words indicates an attempt to imply
they're someone else's. That sounds like a fairly
strong charge to level against someone without the
opinion of an expert. Couldn't they just be italics?
Is there an editor in the house? Oh wait...there
was one, back on July 31, 2007:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@...> wrote:

> > Someday, Judy, *as* someone who corrects other
> > people's writing for a living, you might figure
> > out that a very common usage of quotation marks,
> > in the absence of italics, is *as* italics, as
> > a way of highlighting words and phrases.
>
> Bull, and you know it. Quote marks are *not* a
> common or even an accepted substitute for italics.
>
> What you and many others use is asterisks, as you
> just did above.
>
> > Only the truly paranoid would see them as an
> > attempt to quote *them* every time they're used. :-)
>
> Nope. You've been using quote marks around your
> own words in an attempt to imply they're someone
> else's as long as I've known you. It's just one
> of your many dishonest tricks.

:-)