--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > To a neuroscientist the term unified field refers to the
> > > image of sense data the brain creates. Bit different to
> > > JH's intention of consciousness as the source of matter
> > > itself.
> >
> > Hmmm... I've never heard a neuroscientist use the term
> > "unified field" before at all.
>
> Well now you have. It refers of course to the way the brain
> unifies sense data into a coherent picture of the world as
> a theatre that we are witnessing but when you look inside the
> brain, no such theatre exists. It's all a clever bit of wiring
> and sleight of hand. Or mind.
>
> And nothing to do with physics in the way the mystics intend it.

Er, um, salyavin, "unified field" has nothing to do with
neuroscience the way physicists intend it (Einstein coined
the term). Neuroscience may have recently borrowed it, but
that it's a physics term is not something mystics dreamed
up; it's just a fact.

As to your description of neuroscience's version: As PaliGap
asked, Who (or what) is being fooled by this clever sleight
of hand? Do your flip responses indicate that you don't have
a serious response?

It's kind of the $64,000 question, after all.