--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@...> wrote:
(snip)
> From what I recall, there were 4 reasons MMY forbid looking
> elsewhere:  First, to protect people from getting sidetracked
> from the TM path and onto a flashier but less evolutionary
> method. The assumption here was that TMers were in many cases
> unable to discern the difference between the Real Deal and
> lesser and possibly harmful crap (ie Robin Carlson, etc).

(Carlsen.)

Wayback, since you are obviously not that familiar with
Robin's "deal," you probably shouldn't use him as an
example.

Without going into a long dissertation, possibly the most
important thing to know in this context is that according
to Peter Sutphen, Bevan said Maharishi had ordered him,
Bevan, to leave Robin alone when Robin showed up at MIU
with his group. Bevan ignored Maharishi's instruction,
and a big public mess was the result.

Robin and his followers were completely dedicated to
Maharishi. Maharishi had kept his eye on Robin when he
was teaching in Canada (at that point most of his
group were TM initiators) but never interfered.

Bottom line, Robin was an anomaly, not an example of
the "lesser and possibly harmful crap" Maharishi wanted
to "protect" TMers from.