> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@ <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > It seems like the people most interested in curing these npd
> > and socio/psycho-paths are those who feel threatened by their
> > behavior.
>
> On this forum, it's become almost a tradition among
> certain people here to diagnose FFL members they don't
> like with personality disorders as a way of putting
> them down. Or I should say "pretend to diagnose,"
> because those who do it don't have a clue as to
> whether such a diagnosis is accurate. In many cases
> these faux mental health experts demonstrate an
> amazing degree of ignorance of their targets' actual
> personality traits as shown in their posts.
>
> The whole thing is disgracefully inappropriate and
> vicious, and those who indulge in it (Barry, Curtis,
> Share, Xeno, and their toadies) should be ashamed of
> themselves.
>
> The "cure" idea, BTW, has nothing to do with
> compassionate intent. It's just an extension of the
> putdown.

According to Ravi, I am a sociopath, or perhaps even a psychopath. Sorry, no
empathy, no feelings of shame. 'Pretend to diagnose' is accurate. I do not know
of anyone here who has the credentials to make a real diagnosis. It is just fun
here, unless one is so deadly serious about life that the weight of the world
is on the shoulders.

Whether people with these states of mind can be changed or not is a legitimate
question. The idea of 'cure' always suggests something abnormal that a proper
treatment will somehow 'fix'. I prefer to think of human mental characteristics
as being points on a Bell curve and each aspect is a property of nature, made
by nature, but some of those points very far from the centre of the curve may
have very strange properties for the individual that has that point, and that
those with points closer to the midpoint will find that distant outlier
intolerable.

My thought is, if one is on FFL, then there has to be something very strange
about one to begin with. We are all nut cases looking for heaven on a flat
screen.