--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long  wrote:

> Well noozguru, I mainly wrote screenplays as a student and as a hobby.
And yes, I realize those phrases are unparallel structures. Anyway, none
produced though somewhere I have a lovely rejection letter from Bob
Redford (-:

> I think there are formulas and I think they can work wonderfully
because they are all based on the human brain and physiology. I know
that doesn't sound very creative but actually I think it is. To fire up
enough neurons in the brains of the audience so that they recognize the
story as familiar. And yet to have enough new elements in the script to
fire up some new neuronal pathways. Seen from one perspective, isn't
this what all great art does?

> Of course artists don't think in these terms. I think the great ones
are more plugged into totality than the rest of us. And they're not
afraid to express from that place. I'm thinking of Woody Allen now.
Whatever I think of him as I person, I admire him as an artist. I love
that he was willing to keep expressing, which means sometimes he made
mediocre films and sometimes he totally bombed. But IMHO he created a
few masterpieces which advanced the art form and fired up some new
neuronal pathways for his viewers. It's artists like this that we can
easily watch and enjoy many, many times. In my experience, there are
some deeper elements at work that go beyond the story.
I wonder how many directors created their films in order to fire up the
neuronal pathways of their viewers. I can see it now, Oscar speech: "And
I want to credit my life-long desire to create a firing of neuronal
pathways within the brains of my audience as the primary force behind my
creative endeavors. May your neurons be forever stimulated, especially
when I make a sequel to my current, award-winning picture. And a special
thanks goes to my mom who was instrumental in creating my own neuronal
pathways."

> And all great art must have a rhythm that is compatible with our human
rhythm. More later.

> ________________________________
(because it's right) book on screenwriting

> Chime in because you say you've studied screen writing and have
written
> scripts.  Any produced?  What do you think of these formulas?  Then
> there are 8 and 9 act formulas too.
>
> I just came back from having lunch with a friend with connections at
> Lionsgate who we can pitch TV series to if we come up with one.  Let's
> see, "Adventures in a Funny Farm Lounge." :-D
>
> On 07/22/2013 12:33 PM, Share Long wrote:
> > Really fun to read turqbarry noozbarry and merubarry talking about
all this (-:

> > ________________________________

breaks down the three-act structure into bite-size, manageable sections,
each with a specific goal-pattern can be used for your overall FFL story
posting

> > millions of minions
> > http://www.blakesnyder.com/category/beat-sheet/
> > And , of course, for our  software lovers, and blank-filler and- or
shooter:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES-2pyCTzB0
> >
> > Story Structure Software 3.0 ,Save the Cat! Version 3  for only
$99.95
> > (Structure a story that resonates  with the hear beats of all your
FFL posters by filling in this form with Blake's 15 beats.-In the mood
for horror posting at FFL but can't nail the story? Unleash your inner
Stephen King!-You have two days to visit Paris and, aspiring
screenwriter /FFL poster that you are, you know those 48 hours have to
count :15 beats for a rant!)
> > Or accomplish this splendid idea and contest  with  some chart from
"Plot whisperer"(no kidding)including Energetic Marker and Awakenings)
> > Here:

http://ingridsnotes.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/final-revision_tradition\
al-mountain-structure-handout_8-5x14.jpg

> > FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu  wrote:
> >> I'm waiting for Turq's daily rant written using the 15 beats.  Or
maybe
> >> we ought to have a posting contest for posts using the 15 beats.  I
was
> >> looking through those and imagining posts written that way. :-D

fill

California

This

You can