j_alexander_stanley@ wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "RoryGoff"  wrote:
> > >

> > > As some of the symptoms persisted over several days I finally went
> > > to the clinic and they sent me to the ER, but the EKG, blood tests
> > > and lung X-rays (don't ask me why they felt those were necessary)
> > > came back clean, much to my and my wife's relief.
> >
> > And mine!
> >
> Me too!
> Rory, next time that happens, it most likely will, and since if
appeared not life threatening by the emergency room doctors, as much as
you may not be into over the counter medicine, take a couple of tums
when it begins, and/or Mallox (however that is spelled). You will be
amazed.  Like serenity now!   Seriously.
> Then go the the emergency room, if that does not help. I can't believe
the hospital did not give you an ant-acid after doing those tests?
> Well, over a thousand dollar experience at the ER, with no findings
can give one a heart attack when the bill arrives later... can sometimes
be avoided with a 4.99 purchase of tums.
> Next time you get dizzy, pulse increases beyond normal like a coyote
was chasing you, blood pressure skyrockets, and the feeling of impending
doom sets in, (fear of death), you will thank me one day, for sharing
this with you.
This is an excellent synopsis of menopause. And of course, it is like a
endless loop: symptoms - anxiety - more symptoms - anxiety -sense of
doom...