--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "RoryGoff" <rorygoff@...> wrote:

> Judy, I appreciate your overture. No, I was not reading any
> posts for a few days there -- I was otherwise occupied, what
> with the ER and so on, and trying to take it easy -- and
> have not been following things religiously since, so I must
> have missed your post. I did not mean to imply here that you
> had always condemned me as a person, and in my post to you I
> believe I said I appreciate much of what you do here, and
> that includes your overall relationship with me, up until a
> few days ago. That's why I had opened my heart to you in the
> first place. I did appreciate your clarification that your
> Nonetheless, their sheer unexpected brutality hit me very
> hard.

Um, yeah, except that you told me (1) your ego got a great
kick out of my kicking its ass. You also (2) thanked me and
said "It's (eventually) always a pleasure to see ourselves
as others see us :-)", *and* (3) that I might be right about
your egotism and that "the thought [filled you] with bliss"
(three separate posts).

None of those remarks seems consistent with "sheer
unexpected brutality" hitting you "very hard." Maybe if
you'd showed me how you were *really* feeling at the
time of that first exchange, I'd have been more gentle
in following up. But you know, Rory, when you present
yourself as invulnerable, it sort of acts as
encouragement for people to say exactly what they think
without having to worry about your feelings.

Anyway, now we know that whatever state of consciousness
you're in, it doesn't protect you from being terribly
wounded by negative opinions of you.

> And I still don't understand what it was I said that
> caused you to twice call me the most egregious ego you
> had ever encountered

You could have asked, Rory. Instead, you seemed to
welcome my comments. In any case, I never called *you*
the most egregious ego, I called remarks you made "the
most egregious *display of ego*" I had ever encountered.
That you occasionally display an ego doesn't mean
that's all you are.

> -- almost a redundancy there, in a way, as every ego is
> egregious, "standing out from the crowd" -- followed in
> quick succession by "Bullcrap" and "phony as a three-dollar
> bill".

Actually "Bullcrap" was first, referring to--well, you can
look the posts up if you're interested. I'm sure you won't,
but you really should go back and look at all those posts
before your misinterpretations get engraved in stone in your
memory (and before you forget about my *supportive* comments).
But maybe it's too late anyway.