On 2/7/2014 1:50 PM, salyavin808 wrote:
I would say it's typical superstitious thinking.

In Hindu Advaita and Yogacara Buddhism you have an idealism which asserts that reality, or reality as we can know it, is fundamentally mental, mentally constructed, knowledge structured in consciousness - for the TMers the basis of existence is intelligence and the perceptions are immaterial. It is very challenging for anyone to try and refute the idealistic POV of Kant where idealism manifests as a skepticism about the possibility of knowing any mind-independent thing.

Also, you should realize that the earliest extant arguments for the world being a mental construct is from South Asia and Greece. According to Ludwig, Hindu idealists like Shankara in India and the Greek gave good and logical arguments for an all-pervading consciousness as the ground or true nature of reality.a