Salyavin,

 Tony Nader wrote a book showing where the nine planets or grahas can be found
in our brain.  He is saying that there is a physical manifestation of the
"impulses of intelligence" that are present in the human conciousness.

 IMO, any intelligent being anywhere in the universe would have to have an
equivalent "impulses of intelligence" in its own physiology and consciousness
in order to be called sentient.

 But one argue that even rocks here on earth have consciousness--albeit a very
low one-- by its mere existence as a clump of matter in a form of the various
elements and their resulting atomic structures.

 IMO, yes.  The 12 houses and the zodiac would apply on any of those distant
worlds.  Their solar system may or may not have the same nine planets that
we're using here on Earth.  But the same "impulses of intelligence" would have
to be calculated in its own solar system.

 I believe this is the reason why Patanjali wrote in his yoga sutras that
samyama on the sun brings forth knowledge of the world.  IOW, life on these
earthlike exoplanets can be described by the same zodiac signs that are
pertinent here on our earth.  Doesn't that make sense?

 It depends on how astrology might work. Consciousness requires a sophisticated
brain to operate, maybe they are affected by gravity which is the only known
force to be infinite in extent, and therefore affects things at great distance
unlike the other known forces which are locally contained like the ones that
hold atoms apart.

 Trouble is, if gravity is the culprit then planets are out of the picture
because they are too distant to affect us more than, say, a lorry going past on
the road. And the extra distances put between us and them at various times in
our orbit - that the ancients didn't know about - would affect any charts too
much for them to be reliable, not that they are. So you can cross gravity off
the list of influences, and any other field for the same reasons.

 John Hagelin claims there is a link between planets and parts of the brain
forged by quantum superposition between atoms during the big bang. John Hagelin
should be stripped of his PHD and publicly ridiculed for even daring to utter
bullshit like this that he knows is complete bollocks. But he wants you to
continue coughing up for yagyas and charts. Or maybe he's so dumb he believes
it? Nah, it's all part of the con of using science ideas to justify their
beliefs.

 If astrology is real - and there is absolutely no reason to suppose it is  - I
would avoid travelling to other planets. Just think what being on Mars would do
to someone with Jupiter strong in their chart! You're about 100 million miles
closer to it! And what affect will Earth have on us? Just think if there is
some physical force connecting us to planets surely the one we stand on would
swamp any effect from the others, or doesn't ours count?

 So your question makes sense if astrological affects are real, different
worlds around different stars will have different types of influences according
to however the types of planets and their distance from brains might affect
their owners. It would have to be a universal effect. Trouble is, I think it's
an ancient superstition that clings on into the modern world by virtue of it's
malleable vagueness. I don't think it's a very good explanation for anything at
all, especially destiny and personality. Probably why NASA left it out of the
equation when they planned the trip to the moon.

 Fun concept to ponder though...