 If you want to know how Barry thinks, and how he got so screwed up, there is a
free ebook, from someone who was very close to Freddie. The name of the book
is: TAKE ME FOR A RIDE Coming Of Age In A Destructive Cult, by Mark E. Laxer.
Available on the link that Richard posted.

 Here are some quotes from the book. When I read them, they sounded strangely
familiar. Note: Freddie used to call himself, "Atmananada" (Soul of Love),
before he decided he was the final incarnation of Vishnu. The guy sounds VERY
CRAZY:

 Atmananda exposed his Big Nurse nature in other ways.  He claimed,
 for instance, that he had to "press all the right buttons"
 to help people overcome their resistance to the Light and to him….

 He taught me to fear what would happen if I left the Centre.
 "You know too much to leave.  It's a greedy, materialistic world
 out there.  Your soul would be miserable.  Besides, the Forces would
 flatten you like a bug.  You would lose thousands of lifetimes
 of evolution."

 He taught me to fear, not just the Forces but people, particularly old
 friends and family.  "It's best if you don't tell them what we do here.
 Believe me, they won't understand.  They'll end up blocking your
 progress and sapping your power.“…

 "Atmananda," I suddenly announced.  "I *saw* the Warriors."

 Others in the circle soon *saw* them too.

 Atmananda held desert trips once or twice a month and, by mid-1983,
 followers *saw* him walking above the ground on a "cushion of light,"
 flying to distant mountains, sending columns of light into the sky,
 and causing constellations to gyrate and disappear.

 On one starlit night, Atmananda raised his hands above his head.
 As he slowly lowered them, he made a low, whistling sound like
 the wind.

 "What did you *see*?" he asked afterward.

 "I didn't *see* anything," one new follower bemoaned.

 "Advanced psychic vision is necessary to perceive what I am doing…

 "Are you Rama?" someone asked.

 "Yes," he replied.  "I am Rama, the last incarnation of Vishnu.
 You people think that I am a person, but I am not.  Over the years
 I watched my various selves fade away.  I fought the process tooth
 and nail--like each of you are doing now.  But it was in vain.
 I could not stop the process of dissolution.  I had to admit that I
 was no longer a person.  This morning I suddenly knew who I was.
 I have been cycling...I am beginning to remember...Eternity
 has named me Rama...Rama most clearly reflects my strand
 of luminosity...We're at the end of a cycle...At this time,
 Vishnu takes incarnation as a person...Vishnu is that aspect of God
 that preserves and protects life...Rama...the last incarnation
 of Vishnu..."

 It is always interesting to read the accounts of head spaces others have
occupied. These quotes are revealing, Mac. The button pushing one is classic
and the account of the newcomer not seeing anything regarding super powers of
poor, deluded, narcissistic Freddie is very telling. No wonder bawee is so
reactive now to so much. He is someone who has been well and truly hoodwinked
and is about as bitter as you could get. And he still uses the technique Fred
used on him and all those involved; push buttons to expose their tendencies, to
figure out more about them in order to keep them weak and needing and off
balance if you can. bawee is like the abused who will continue to spew his
anger and disappointment everywhere he goes - he is now the abuser.