On 10/18/2014 8:29 AM, fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Yes, take a look at the book - It explains Barry's thinking quite well. A good read, sorry I didn't see it sooner.

/The "Zen Master Rama" took Barry for a long ride and charged him big bucks just to be in his company. The entire Barry guru scam is laid out in this book by a former cult member who managed to escape the cult with his mind still somewhat intact. The question is, why didn't Barry provide this information to us years ago?//
//
//Some cult members never get out of the cult mindset. They go into a kind of reverse-cult mentality - imagining that everyone else - is in a cult, all seeking to destroy him. It's a form of paranoia that sometimes sets in when a cult member gets deprogrammed./ /No wonder Barry is so angry and strident - he's been turned./

/When that happens, the former cult member imagines his old friends are in a cult and tries to get them to join his new cult, which is the anti-cult cult, and to follow his new leaders. Instead of being really deprogrammed, it just sets up a new cult mindset. This has been noted by sociologists who study cults and cult awareness networks (CAN)./

Freddie said he was the perfect mirror, and if you perceived something negative in him, you were really seeing it in yourself. Sounds so much like Bawee. Explains all the "golden light" and "levitation" crap, too.

/Obviously Barry let himself get brain-washed and put into a trance-induction state by the leader of the cult - Fred Lenz. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay $10,000 just to attend a few levitation demonstrations. You'd have to be in almost total cognitive dissonance after being exposed to that level of fraud and deception over a decade. /

Look, every body gets the "pushing of buttons". We all get ours pushed sometimes, and we all do some pushing ourselves.

But, from what you've found below, it does it appear that Barry has elevated this "pushing of buttons" to, well, some kind of religion.

And as in most religions, some things get distorted.

Helps to explain things, I think. (-:

If you want to know how Barry thinks, and how he got so screwed up, there is a free ebook, from someone who was very close to Freddie. The name of the book is: *TAKE ME FOR A RIDE Coming Of Age In A Destructive Cult, **by Mark E. Laxer. *Available on the link that Richard posted.
*
*
Here are some quotes from the book. When I read them, they sounded strangely familiar. Note: Freddie used to call himself, "Atmananada" (Soul of Love), before he decided he was the final incarnation of Vishnu. The guy sounds VERY CRAZY:

Atmanandaexposed his Big Nurse nature in other ways.  He claimed,

for instance, that he had to "press all the right buttons"

to help people overcome their resistance to the Light and to him….

He taught me to fear what would happen if I left the Centre.

"You know too much to leave.  It's a greedy, materialistic world

out there.  Your soul would be miserable.  Besides, the Forces would

flatten you like a bug.  You would lose thousands of lifetimes

of evolution."

He taught me to fear, not just the Forces but people, particularly old

friends and family.  "It's best if you don't tell them what we do here.

Believe me, they won't understand.  They'll end up blocking your

progress and sapping your power.“…

"Atmananda," I suddenly announced.  "I *saw* the Warriors."

Others in the circle soon *saw* them too.

Atmanandaheld desert trips once or twice a month and, by mid-1983,

followers *saw* him walking above the ground on a "cushion of light,"

flying to distant mountains, sending columns of light into the sky,

and causing constellations to gyrate and disappear.

On one starlit night, Atmanandaraised his hands above his head.

As he slowly lowered them, he made a low, whistling sound like

the wind.

"What did you *see*?" he asked afterward.

"I didn't *see* anything," one new follower bemoaned.

"Advanced psychic vision is necessary to perceive what I am doing…

"Are you Rama?" someone asked.

"Yes," he replied.  "I am Rama, the last incarnation of Vishnu.

You people think that I am a person, but I am not.  Over the years

I watched my various selves fade away.  I fought the process tooth

and nail--like each of you are doing now.  But it was in vain.

I could not stop the process of dissolution.  I had to admit that I

was no longer a person. This morning I suddenly knew who I was.

I have been cycling...I am beginning to remember...Eternity

has named me Rama...Rama most clearly reflects my strand

of luminosity...We're at the end of a cycle...At this time,

Vishnu takes incarnation as a person...Vishnu is that aspect of God

that preserves and protects life...Rama...the last incarnation

of Vishnu..."

On 10/17/2014 9:16 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... <mailto:turquoiseb@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

                But to bring this whole diversion (for that is what it
                is) back into the present, I really wish that Richard,
                Jim, and a few others would leave off this
                try-to-get-to-me-by-bringing-up-Rama shit. It's old,
                and it's based on your *own* cult thinking and how
*your* minds work, not how mine works.

            You need to get a grip, Barry - you just posted about
            "Rama shit" a few months ago!

            /"I've seen someone levitate. Many times. In many
            settings, from the Los Angeles //
            //Convention Center to the Anza-Borrego Desert to a
            Denny's restaurant in the wee //
            //hours of the night."/ - TurquoiseB

            Subject: TM is a Cult?
            Author: TurquoiseB