On 10/18/2014 8:39 AM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

"levitation" crap, too.

/Are you saying that Barry is a liar and a braggart?/

Its as believable as Marshy's levitation crap.

/The issue is not whether or not levitation or yogic flying is possible - the issue is whether or not you believe Barry witnessed it hundreds of times./

*From:* "fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:29 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Re: Take Me For A Ride; A look inside Lenz's cult, and Barry's mind

Yes, take a look at the book - It explains Barry's thinking quite well. A good read, sorry I didn't see it sooner. Freddie said he was the perfect mirror, and if you perceived something negative in him, you were really seeing it in yourself. Sounds so much like Bawee. Explains all the "golden light" and "levitation" crap, too.

Look, every body gets the "pushing of buttons". We all get ours pushed sometimes, and we all do some pushing ourselves.

But, from what you've found below, it does it appear that Barry has elevated this "pushing of buttons" to, well, some kind of religion.

And as in most religions, some things get distorted.

Helps to explain things, I think. (-:

If you want to know how Barry thinks, and how he got so screwed up, there is a free ebook, from someone who was very close to Freddie. The name of the book is: *TAKE ME FOR A RIDE Coming Of Age In A Destructive Cult, **by Mark E. Laxer. *Available on the link that Richard posted.
*
*
Here are some quotes from the book. When I read them, they sounded strangely familiar. Note: Freddie used to call himself, "Atmananada" (Soul of Love), before he decided he was the final incarnation of Vishnu. The guy sounds VERY CRAZY:

Atmanandaexposed his Big Nurse nature in other ways.  He claimed,
for instance, that he had to "press all the right buttons"
to help people overcome their resistance to the Light and to him….
He taught me to fear what would happen if I left the Centre.
"You know too much to leave.  It's a greedy, materialistic world
out there.  Your soul would be miserable. Besides, the Forces would
flatten you like a bug.  You would lose thousands of lifetimes
of evolution."
He taught me to fear, not just the Forces but people, particularly old
friends and family.  "It's best if you don't tell them what we do here.
Believe me, they won't understand.  They'll end up blocking your
progress and sapping your power.“…

"Atmananda," I suddenly announced. "I *saw* the Warriors."
Others in the circle soon *saw* them too.
Atmanandaheld desert trips once or twice a month and, by mid-1983,
followers *saw* him walking above the ground on a "cushion of light,"
flying to distant mountains, sending columns of light into the sky,
and causing constellations to gyrate and disappear.
On one starlit night, Atmanandaraised his hands above his head.
As he slowly lowered them, he made a low, whistling sound like
the wind.
"What did you *see*?" he asked afterward.
"I didn't *see* anything," one new follower bemoaned.
"Advanced psychic vision is necessary to perceive what I am doing…

"Are you Rama?" someone asked.
"Yes," he replied.  "I am Rama, the last incarnation of Vishnu.
You people think that I am a person, but I am not.  Over the years
I watched my various selves fade away.  I fought the process tooth
and nail--like each of you are doing now.  But it was in vain.
I could not stop the process of dissolution.  I had to admit that I
was no longer a person. This morning I suddenly knew who I was.
I have been cycling...I am beginning to remember...Eternity
has named me Rama...Rama most clearly reflects my strand
of luminosity...We're at the end of a cycle...At this time,
Vishnu takes incarnation as a person...Vishnu is that aspect of God
that preserves and protects life...Rama...the last incarnation
of Vishnu..."