On 10/18/2014 3:36 PM, steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

yes, the Barster was holding back on us.

He doesn't want to talk about it very much. Maybe the memories are just too painful. Or, maybe he never really was in the inner circle of the cult, just another student attending some computer training sessions. Or, maybe he was one of the top cult leaders - maybe he still wants to keep secrets concerning the special kundalini techniques he learned. Go figure.

/"There was a real Nadia, although she was//
//German and the incident didn't really//
//happen to Rama.  It happened to one of//
//his students, who told Rama about it and//
//was later rather surprised to see the whole//
//story in Snowboarding To Nirvana.//
//
//For the record, I thought that second book//
//sucked dead dogs, and the first, Surfing//
//The Himalayas, was awful compared to his//
//earlier writings (now almost all out of print).//
//There is a rumor, which I happen to believe,//
//that he didn't even write the second book,//
//but had it mainly ghost-written for him by//
//one of his students, and then just rewrote//
//and edited the result."/

Subject: Fwap!
Author: willytex
Group: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: August 8, 2002
http://tinyurl.com/oqj67tb

Claims to have left the Rama mindset, but was secretly promoting the "pushing of buttons" agenda.

Aw, Barry, tsk, tsk tsk.  You knew that truth was going to leak out.

But, Barry has become more like a door bell button pusher. Like maybe some of us were, as children.

Push the door bell, then go and hide behind the bushes.

Provides a momentary thrill, but not much else.

Time to grow up!!

Yes, take a look at the book - It explains Barry's thinking quite well. A good read, sorry I didn't see it sooner. Freddie said he was the perfect mirror, and if you perceived something negative in him, you were really seeing it in yourself. Sounds so much like Bawee. Explains all the "golden light" and "levitation" crap, too.

Look, every body gets the "pushing of buttons". We all get ours pushed sometimes, and we all do some pushing ourselves.

But, from what you've found below, it does it appear that Barry has elevated this "pushing of buttons" to, well, some kind of religion.

And as in most religions, some things get distorted.

Helps to explain things, I think. (-:

If you want to know how Barry thinks, and how he got so screwed up, there is a free ebook, from someone who was very close to Freddie. The name of the book is: *TAKE ME FOR A RIDE Coming Of Age In A Destructive Cult, **by Mark E. Laxer. *Available on the link that Richard posted.
*
*
Here are some quotes from the book. When I read them, they sounded strangely familiar. Note: Freddie used to call himself, "Atmananada" (Soul of Love), before he decided he was the final incarnation of Vishnu. The guy sounds VERY CRAZY:

Atmanandaexposed his Big Nurse nature in other ways.  He claimed,

for instance, that he had to "press all the right buttons"

to help people overcome their resistance to the Light and to him….

He taught me to fear what would happen if I left the Centre.

"You know too much to leave.  It's a greedy, materialistic world

out there.  Your soul would be miserable.  Besides, the Forces would

flatten you like a bug.  You would lose thousands of lifetimes

of evolution."

He taught me to fear, not just the Forces but people, particularly old

friends and family.  "It's best if you don't tell them what we do here.

Believe me, they won't understand.  They'll end up blocking your

progress and sapping your power.“…

"Atmananda," I suddenly announced.  "I *saw* the Warriors."

Others in the circle soon *saw* them too.

Atmanandaheld desert trips once or twice a month and, by mid-1983,

followers *saw* him walking above the ground on a "cushion of light,"

flying to distant mountains, sending columns of light into the sky,

and causing constellations to gyrate and disappear.

On one starlit night, Atmanandaraised his hands above his head.

As he slowly lowered them, he made a low, whistling sound like

the wind.

"What did you *see*?" he asked afterward.

"I didn't *see* anything," one new follower bemoaned.

"Advanced psychic vision is necessary to perceive what I am doing…

"Are you Rama?" someone asked.

"Yes," he replied.  "I am Rama, the last incarnation of Vishnu.

You people think that I am a person, but I am not.  Over the years

I watched my various selves fade away.  I fought the process tooth

and nail--like each of you are doing now.  But it was in vain.

I could not stop the process of dissolution.  I had to admit that I

was no longer a person. This morning I suddenly knew who I was.

I have been cycling...I am beginning to remember...Eternity

has named me Rama...Rama most clearly reflects my strand

of luminosity...We're at the end of a cycle...At this time,

Vishnu takes incarnation as a person...Vishnu is that aspect of God

that preserves and protects life...Rama...the last incarnation

of Vishnu..."