SSRS already teaches a meditation technique called
Sahja Samadhi Meditation. It's TM as taught in India
which is slightly different than the TM taught in the
US and europe. A puja is performed to Guru Dev just
like in TM. It is TM. This is what makes me doubt the
veracity of your friends report.

http://farechase.yahoo.com