Based on my one-time, five-minute meeting with her, I'm sure your assessment of
Ms. Shimoff is correct, Feste. Especially the "good at promoting herself" bit.
That's what put me off her in the first place -- I have an almost instant
aversion to anyone who is actively trying to sell me a "story" about
themselves, and her "story" was so obviously false that I just got up and
walked away. It's the exact same vibe I got from Barbara De Angelis, except
that her "story" was worse because she was trying to push out that she was an
irresistible sexpot, when in fact I found her a complete turnoff.

I was just giving Share a hard time because in her button-pushed desire to have
a "Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Barry" moment here on FFL, she did what
she always does and repeated something told to her as if it were Absolute Truth
when in fact she'd just accepted it without question the first time she heard
it, and never bothered to check on the validity of it.

This struck me as such a perfect personification of the "Dumb Souls" who are
the audience for these "Chicken Soup" books that I had to point out to her
exactly *how* dumb she was being. Contrary to what New Age Woo Woo Blissninnies
think, having a "trusting" mind is NOT the same thing as having a
well-functioning mind.  :-)