Right - the values of the object don't change, but will be interpreted
differently, according to a person's consciousness.

 There is an old saying floating around, to the effect that where the ignorant
see light, an enlightened person sees only darkness, and where an enlightened
person sees light, the ignorant only sees darkness.

 Yes, and it's the same thing. A watchers point of view, spun to the benefit of
whoever wants to interpret it.

 A comment to be expected from the Turq. We all know that psychiatric wards are
full of people being treated with psychofarma for having glimpses of higher
states of consciousness they are not able to integrate in daily life.
Experiences any real Sadhana will also give. The reason the Turq doesn't
understand this is because he is a quitter that never did any Sadhana for any
length of time in his entire life, instead choosing to live in a fantasy world
believing his guru is "respected and welcomed by heads of state everywhere".
I'm sure there is a diagnosis for such fantasies as well.

 You realize, do you not, that you have just described yourself in a way that
any psychiatrist in the world would diagnose as psychotic.

 When most people look at another person for a short time, the other person
does not "disappear."

 Have you considered just having your vision checked?  :-)