--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A flying monkey and a shape shifting king of Lanka are quite
> beautiful images to be found in the Ramayana. So too is the idea
> that supernatural weapons might be used in warfare, in the place of
> conventional and crude weaponry, to be found in the Bhagavadgita.
> But in the 21st century we tend to treat such tales as makebelieve.
> If talking animals do not exist, nor astral weapons, then why
> should one choose to accept the descriptions of the powers of
> rishis or maharshis as all factual?

FWIW, there are segments of the U.S. defense and
intelligence communities that have at times vigorously
pursued "supernatural" (or "paranormal") approaches
to neutralizing the enemy (including "remote viewing").
The Soviets also had such programs; whether Russia
still does, I'm not sure.  Whether the U.S. still does,
I'm also not sure.

At any rate, are you quite sure that "total awareness"
would not reveal that some of these apparently make-
believe tales are to be understood on something other
than the literal level?