--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@>
wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > You're deluding yourself...*most* Christians in
> > > the world have had NO SUCH EXPERIENCE. They are
> > > merely trusting what they have been told to trust.
> >
> > Most Christians, perhaps.  But Michael specified
> > *fundamentalist* Christians, many if not most of
> > whom have had some sort of "born-again" experience.
>
> Thanks Judy, that's what I had meant indeed. It's just that such
> experiences aren't counted as such by some people. They are
> so 'low' that they don't even count them as such.

That's not it at all. It's a "numbers game." In the
world of Christianity, mainly reflected by mainstream
Protestant or Catholic followers, it would be a *rarity*
to find someone who had personally had some kind of
"born again" experience. Talk to actual priests and
pastors sometime instead of imagining what they deal
with; they would tell you that the name of the game
is FAITH. They deal with "flocks" who have *had* no
spiritual experiences. They read stories about them.

But forget about the numbers. Assume a group of only
ten people who have had no personal experience that
they would call "spiritual," never in their entire
lives. Yet they believe in the Bible as described
to them by their priest or pastor.

Where exactly is the component of "experience" in
this?

What I'm saying is that I think trinity thinks that
people in the world at large think and act the way
the people he's used to interacting with do. I'm
suggesting he needs to get out more.  :-)