> On Apr 30, 2006, at 5:07 PM, Alex Stanley wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> > > sometimes you just have to get on the train. even if that
> > > means a jump.
> >
> > When I was in the midst of my dark night of the soul, Tom Traynor told
> > me something along the lines that awakening requires crossing a river
> > between duality and nonduality and that you have to change boats in
> > the middle of the river. But, the boat from the middle to the other
> > side is invisible.
> >
> > I have no recollection of having made a conscious choice to make that
> > jump. For me, it was simply a matter of being squished like a bug, and
> > when I finally reached my limit of resisting it, the surrender just
> > happened, and with it, the inside-out outside-in shift in identity.
>
> I was very fortunate, for me it was simply HH the Dalai Lama
> grabbing me by the hands and staring into my eyes. Really it
> was just a beginning though.

In Waking Down vernacular, I had my "second birth awakening", which is
clearly a description of a beginning, not a final destination.
However, the *only* thing I have ever been a seeker of is an end to
the war with myself, and in that sense, I have reached my destination.

Where things go from here, I have no idea. In terms of interests and
desires, I remain unchanged, and that includes my complete lack of
interest in cultivating siddhis or any other esoteric, subtle relative
phenomena. I'm not the least bit bothered by the notion that my body
will continue to cast a shadow and won't dematerialize upon death.
And, while it'd be kind of cool to tinka-tinka-tee and instantly pop
up in a different location, realistically, that's not gonna happen
with this mind/body. I think I'll just settle for better pecs and nice
lats.