> Exactly, you said it much better than I did.  It's not just fear of
the
> rules, it's fear of the unknown,  capricious nature of how the
rules
> are enforced and even what the rules might be from day-to-day.
>
> And Judy knows perfectly well that no store has "goons," no
committees
> would be called,  the rules are posted for all to see, and are
usually
> very few in number.  The comparison is ludicrous on a number of
levels.

Just remarkable how far some people will go to twist
the discussion and switch examples in midstream in
order to obscure the point being made when they're
having trouble addressing it.

The comparison was to somebody changing their screen
name on FFL to avoid being identified with a group of
naysayers, of which it was said that it was a "shame"
that TMers experienced "fear" of what the TMO might
"do to them."

That characterization of that example was ludicrous
on a number of levels.  *Of course* you can dream up
examples that would actually fit the characterization,
but as both Sal and Rick know, those much more dire
examples weren't what I was talking about.