--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
<snip>
[I wrote:]
> > > The thing with people like Kurtz, I suspect, is that
> > > his predisposition to dismiss astrology (and other such
> > > endeavors) has kept him from examining what *good*
> > > astrology looks like.  In effect, at least partly, he's
> > > dismissing a straw man.
> >
> > That wouldn't surprise me.  I think it is up to astrology to present a
> > better case or show an interest in good studies.  The arrogance of the
> > position that "we already know it is true so we don't have to prove it
> > to you" is a problem in many fields, some claiming to be scientific.
> > Paul may be placing the burden of proof on others to present claims in
> > a way that is falsifiable.
>
> Why should Paul accept astrology if no strong and valid studies have
> been presented?

Just very quickly, while my sister is giving me a
chnce to use her computer--I wasn't suggesting he
should *accept* it; I wouldn't expect him ever to
do that.

I meant that if he were looking at *good* astrology,
he'd need to make a more sophisticated case for
dismissing it.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM