<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
It does interest me that Yogananda's book is a
> fantastic example of how spiritual people use the appearance of
> science when it suits them.  The New Testament does the same thing.
> It appears to follow scientific standards and gives the impression of
> a method, but it does not conform to the proper procedures.  It is a
> great "proof" for people who do not understand or value a more
> reliable application of the method.

Just for the record, the scientific method didn't exist
in biblical times.  They weren't trying to even appear
to follow "scientific standards" because they hadn't
been established yet and wouldn't be for many centuries.
They were using the standards of their culture.

It's one thing to point out that they used different
standards that don't conform to modern ones; it's
quite another to suggest that they were trying to
make people think they were conforming to standards
that nobody knew anything about, including the folks
who wrote the Bible.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM