Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Gurgling Bubbles of Bliss
on 7/30/06 12:06 PM, Sal Sunshine at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Um, I hate to tell Science this, but most of us are long since past the stage where empty flattery can get turned into $$.  What a pathetic way to encourage "participation"--by hitting up your friends--still.  Don't the "course leaders" who encourage this ever think of *new* ways to pick people's pockets?  I thought there were scholarships. Sadly, nothing ever seems to change with them.

Oh, and you're welcome. :)

Sal

I think Science’s thing was a parody.

I’ve gotten several calls and emails from friends - one from someone I don’t even know – encouraging me to apply for a dome badge. They say they’re accepting “all kinds of people.” Problem with me is, I wouldn’t tolerate one moment of inquisition, unless my inquisitors are willing to submit to one as well.