That's ok,,,I am certainly accustomed to defensiveness both passive
and agressive when speaking about TM with TM'rs

> How can you tell the difference between someone
> who is totally brainwashed and programmed and
> somebody who is so excited by something they've
> just learned they can't stop talking about it?

Personally, when I am excited about something I have experienced I
speak in terms of "I" and "we" but in the case in point it was
all "Maharishi,,,Maharishi,,,Maharishi. Indicating an almost absence
of self awareness and identity. Only Maharishi existed,,,only his
word, his thoughts, his ideals,,,truely frightening that one person,
a simple man who bleeds like the rest of us,,,eats like the rest of
us and excretes bodily wastes like the rest of us could be looked
upon as different.

But then I have walked through the halls of his Center of
Enlightenment in Huntsville. Dingy, old, smells of mould, paint
pealing off the walls. Kitchen appliances that look like fire
hazards. It seemed totally void of life joy or happiness. I felt
like I was walking through a morgue. No plants, no flowers only
picture after endless picture of Maharishi himself on the walls.

> Just for the record, the "German study" is a
> complete crock.  If you're interested to know
> more, do a search on Google Groups in the group
> alt.meditation.transcendental for "German study."

Ah yes an impartial government study is a crock. Well I don't think
the German courts share you view. Can you tell me who set up and who
sponsored the site you have recommended?

> For that matter, practically everything you'll
> find on Trancenet is dubious in one way or the
> other.  Not a reliable source of information on
> TM.

I have been to far more sites then Trancenet but thank you for your
advice.

> Most people just learn TM and go away and
> practice it on their own without going any
> further or becoming involved in the TM
> organization.
>
> It's also entirely possible to learn the
> TM-Sidhis and/or become involved with the TM
> organization without getting into a cultlike
> relationship with it.
>
> Some people seem to need to establish a
> cultlike relationship with the TMO, and
> unfortunately the TMO doesn't do anything
> to discourage that.

Absolutely and I couldn't agree more with these statements. In fact
I meditate myself,,,regularly. But its not just the cult like
mentality referring to the TMO it is also the "worshipping" of a
man, that man being Maharishi. He's just a man who has made billions
selling a customised version of Hinduism. And there's nothing wrong
with that. Just be honest and call it what it is.

> > When I first started dating me
>
> Freudian slip??

More like a reality check,,,in the final analysis I was dating
myself. Her mind was no where to be found, then again neither was
her heart.

> I kind of doubt she believed she was actually
> levitating beyond the "first stage" (hopping)
> of Yogic Flying.

Wanna bet!!!