> on 8/12/06 6:36 AM, Bill (William)Simmons at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > When I first started dating me she was absolutely convinced
> > she "levitated" meanwhile I'm down stairs listening to the floor
> > upstairs squeak like hell as she bounced up and down on the bed.
One
> > things for certain,,,she's got great thigh muscle development.
> >
> I used that phase often during my TM career. It¹s based on the
assumption
> that Maharishi has a handle on Absolute Truth. The materials in
> http://tinyurl.com/bt7sp should cause even the most hard core TB
to question
> that assumption.

It should if you were a cult member.

Rick, you were involved with the TMO and MMY way, way outside the
orbit of being a "mere" practitioner of the TM Program.  You
embraced something that had a guru, an organisation that had a
belief system and an entirely separate and different way of life
than an ordinary American.

You weren't forced into it and you weren't required to partake of it.

In fact, you were told in the first 5 minutes of the Introductory
Lecture -- your first official exposure to the TMO -- that it wasn't
a philosophy or a religion yet you went right ahead and partook of
that by becoming a TM teacher and living amongst the celibates and
inner circle of MMY for many, many years.

So, yeah, I agree with many of your complaints about the TMO and MMY
but in the interests of balance and fairness, you willingly went
into that lifestyle that was the opposite of the TM Program.  You
can't now turn around and claim shock and awe for all the horrible
things that the Movement turned out to be.

For, to use your words above, "the most hardcore TBer" to now
question his assumptions by looking at the materials you cite, is a
bit ingenious.  A TBer would have to be a complete idiot to now feel
shock at all these revelations when from Day One of anyone's
involvement in the TMO or TMO Inner Circle it was obvious that it
was "off the program".