> STATES OF

> > > because you get old, and
> > > if people lose the
> > > >

> > > People don't lose their ability to dream, but many other functions
> > > deteriorate with aging. People get more sleep disturbances, they have
> > > more difficult to keep their balance, when moving. Balance keeping is
> > > a demanding function of coordination in the  brain. Mental problems
> > > increase with aging often in the form of irrational fears and mild
> > > paranoia. If you asked a pathologist, he would definitely claim that
> > > there is clear age related deterioration happening in the brain, even
> > > if there may appear new structures also.
> > > I see a certain kind of deterioration in myself even if I'm only 55. I
> > > tend to forget names more easily  now. I also have to put my
> > > appointments and many tasks on calendar to be sure to remember them on
> > > time. When younger I remembered all my appointments easily without any
> > > calendar. But I can see improvement also in some other areas.
> > >
> > > MMY's very weird behaviour and his many irrational claims and
> > > stumbling in his speaking I have considered to be a result from weaker
> > > brain functioning that is very common in people of his age. I don't
> > > claim his behaviour to be a result of a massive stroke.
> >
> > Without a massive stroke, I see no reason to assume he's become
> unenlightened due to
> > age, and I'm not sure that even that would do it. States of
> consciousness (and I suspect
> > that at least CC and certainly TC, qualify as unqiue states of
> consciousness) are pretty
> > hard to get rid of.
> >
> > 89 year old (90?) enlightened sages may be a little forgetful and
> irritable, but they're still
> > enlightened sages, I think.
> >

> I agree, but do their brainwave scans still qualify for the TMO
> style enlightenment? Has any research been made on this issue?

Not that I've heard of. But, as I said, there's no theory to predict that
people would
suddenly become unenlightened as they got older, and in fact, modern science,
while it
doesn't call it "enlightenment," says that older people tend to get *wiser* by
virtue of the
larger number of connections in the brain.