--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have some notes from 9th February 1970, where MMY talks about the
> start of SRM, the notes is written from a Audio Tape:
> "When Guru Dev left his body I retired to the Himalayas where Guru
> Dev had met his Guru Dev. I felt I should go to Ramesh Waroom

Rameshvaram -one of the 12 Jyotirlingams, dedicated to Shiva
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rameswaram

- I
> asked the saints. One was 90 years old. This was for me, after the
> Himalayas like stepping into mud. He advised against going. I
> decided to forget the trip. I went to Kungakumari -

Kanyakumari - dedicated to Durga in the form of a virgin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanyakumari

I had a divine
> revalation. I left and went to Tivendrum,

Trivandrum, now Thiruvananthapuram, Capital of Kerala
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiruvananthapuram

 to the biggest temple.

Guruvayur - a famous Krishna temple
http://www.templenet.com/Kerala/guruvayur.html

> was followed by a man and he asked me to speak about the Himalayas -
> he arranged a 7 day lecture program and he supplied the topics. In 6
> months I was lecturing in Dehli. At this stage I had never initiated
> anyone. When I got to Hardwar the philosophy had become clear - to
> turn the mind inward was easy! The message was readily accepted. I
> went to Kashmir and then to Bombay for the 89th birthday
> celebrations for Guru Dev. I held a 3 day seminar in Madras on
> saintly luminaries. At the end I said "I think this meditation can
> spiritually regenerate the world". During the applause I felt I
> should start a world movement. I announced it spontaneously. After a
> 6 months tour of south India I calculated at this rate it would take
> Ingegerd

That's basically the short version, similar to what I heard on my TTC.
The 'vision' I was talking about happened before, somewhere maybe in
Andhra Pradesh, at some devotees house. Its a long way to the south
from the Himalayas, and it took MMY several month to get there.