In a message dated 9/13/06 6:43:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED].. wrote:
> Now, I know what is blowing your mind right now is
> that I have the audacity to say there is no mention of
> Separation of Church and State in the Constitution. If
> I'm wrong, please show me. Specifically the Article it
> is found under.

According to Thomas Jefferson, it's in the Bill of
Rights, the First Amendment to the Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment
of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

Judy, keywords here, *make no law* and *or prohibit the free exercise thereof.* The congress can not establish a state religion nor can it prohibit the free exercise of any religion. If you prohibit religious speech any place, including federal buildings or institutions that are federally funded, you are violating  the free exercise guaranteed in that amendment which is censorship of free speech, which is forbidden in the very next phrase of the same  Amendment. It really is so simple and easy to understand. It violates the very heart of the Constitution which is *freedom* to tell somebody they can't say certain things or express themselves spiritually or religiously on federal property or in a federal institution and that is not what the founding father had in mind. They chose to protect our freedom of religion by making it completely free and not limited to a particular state  run religion.