(mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com)
> ,  MDixon6569@,  MDi
> > Now, I know what is blowing your mind right  now is
> > that I have the audacity to say there is no mention of
> >  Separation of Church and State in the Constitution. If
> > I'm wrong,  please show me. Specifically the Article it
> > is found  under.
>
> According to Thomas Jefferson, it's in the Bill of
> Rights,  the First Amendment to the Constitution:
>
> "Congress shall make no law  respecting an establishment
> of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise  thereof."
>
> Judy, keywords here, *make no law* and *or prohibit the free
> exercise thereof.*

Please don't change the subject without addressing
my point: It is *disingenuous* and *misleading* to
claim "separation of church and state" isn't in the
Constitution, and it calls into question whatever
you go on to say after that

> The congress can not establish a state religion nor can
> it prohibit the free exercise of any religion. If you
> prohibit religious speech any place, including federal
> buildings or institutions that are federally funded, you
> are violating the free exercise guaranteed in that
> amendment which is censorship of free speech, which is
> forbidden in the very next phrase of the same Amendment.
> It really is so simple and easy to understand.

It's "simple and easy to understand" if you ignore
the fact that there is a conflict of two constitutional
rights in these cases.  That conflict makes it very
complicated and highly nuanced and context-dependent.

It's not a simple issue at all, and it's intellectually
dishonest to pretend otherwise.

I'm not going to discuss it with you until you read
up on the basis of the constitutional argument,
because you're tilting at windmills and jousting
with straw men.  Find out what the arguments are,
and address *those*.

<snip>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional