<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Turq,
>
> I re-read your post about darshon with Gangaji to make sure I hadn't
> missed something.  I think your view of darshon is pretty close to how
> I thought of it when I was involved in TM. I don't really see what you
> wrote as a new way of looking at it.  I think many TM people who share
> the view that you are awakening to your own nature and the presence of
> the teacher is just an exposure to someone who knows themselves in
> that way.
>
>   Once you have the assumption in place that you are in the presence
> of a person who is using more of their mind then you are, or in a more
> awakened state, you have one of the most powerful influences on
> suggestibility in place, authority. This effect is well known in
> therapy where the recognition of the authority of the therapist is a
> factor.   In my view it is not just the teacher doing something to
> you, like hypnotizing you.. Ericksonian hypnosis invites you to alter
> the way you converse with yourself internally.  The client enters into
> deeper levels of trance through their own power, not from the
> hypnotist's power. The hypnotherapist  is a facilitator of the person
> accessing their own depth of trance state necessary to accomplish the
> goal of the session.  If you had a room full of people who did not
> have the intention to play ball you  would get superficial results.
> Take a room full of the press in the room with MMY.  I don't think any
> of the skeptics in the room come away with a profound sense that they
> were in the room with a great saint or even a powerful man.  But
> people with a different mindset to have profound experiences.  Your
> explanation proposes a mechanics via the concept of the aura to
> describe it.  I would view it as a predictable result of the language
> pattern used, coupled by the subject's willingness to go along with
> the process, and a long habit of accessing deep trance states.  I
> don't mean this to minimize the experience as "just a trance".  I am
> just using the language of one system in the context of the other.
> Switching sides I might phrase it that in the presence of MMY, a
> person becomes aware of their own inner unbounded Self and finds it
> easy to access their own pure consciousness and their true nature.
> But in the system of hypnosis the assumptions contained in that phrase
> are dropped.
>
> I think that both the traditional view of what is going on, and the
> information from hypnotherapists is useful in understanding such
> phenomenon.  There too worlds have been held apart by suspicions on
> both sides of the fence.  It is also a result of people having
> superficial experiences with meditation or the deeper states of
> hypnosis.  But when you have deep experiences of both, the overlap
> becomes much more obvious.  These are unusual (for most people) mental
> states when they are experienced profoundly, and I think there is a
> [...]

I have no problem with the switching language structures. Using the
language of hyponosis how are things like non locality, remote viewing
and astral projection explained? They can be tested for and have been.
 Waking state a self hypnosis, ok no problem.  Awakening, self
hypnosis, ok, no problem there either. I'm curious and haven't studied
the folks you have....

JohnY

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional