<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyway, I just wanted to follow up and say that I think it's
> just *fine* that you tend to interpret your own experiences
> in terms of hypnosis, and the altered states that can be
> achieved via hypnosis. All I'm saying is that that model
> really doesn't cover all the bases as far as my own personal
> experience goes. Someday it's possible that my "recognition"
> theory won't cover all the bases, either, and at that point
> I'll probably find another. Theories about How Things Work
> are just something one does to pass the time. They're enter-
> tainment, nothing more. One doesn't have to be a slave to
> them. :-)
>
> Nice follow up.  The states of mind we experience in the
> presence of other people is one of life's cool mysteries.
> I got a great buzz from talking with one of my music heroes,
> John Hammond and laying my CD on him.

Indeed. Such moments are opportunities. One of the
teachers I knew used to say that one of the most
effective ways to develop a characteristic or skill
that one wants to have is to admire that same char-
acteristic or skill in someone else. There may be
something about just *focusing* on such qualities
that enables them to grow in us.

> I think we have a bunch on interesting stuff programmed
> into our chimp brains when relating to an alpha in the
> room that we don't know too much about consciously. This
> doesn't apply to the experiences you described, but I
> thought I would throw that into the pile. Keep throwing
> your own points  out there my brother, that why I am here.

Me, too. More than one of my theories has bit the
dust thanks to forums like this one. And that's neat.
You probably remember how likely it was in the TMO
to run into people who believed that they had most
things All Figured Out. Imagine how *boring* that
would be if it were true.

Better, in my opinion, to become comfortable with
knowing that you don't know shit, and that that
situation is not likely to change.  :-)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: