--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, hovering has nothing to do with enlightenment. It is an
> indication of a clear channel within the human nervous system,
> though not an indicator of Self Realization. Whether or not we can
> manifest results of the Patanjali Yoga sutras or not has nothing to
> do with the complete freedom and lack of boundaries that we live
> when Self Realization dawns.

Well said. I agree on all points.

> The sutras are indications of the
> clarity needed to live an enlightened state and indications of
> good progress to that end.

I am not sure I agree with the "indications of good
progress" thing, but I'm fine with other people
believing it.

> But they are not indications of enlightenment.

Yup. I would go so far as to say that IMO there is
no relationship whatsoever between one's enlightenment
and one's ability to perform the siddhis. Interestingly
enough, this is what I remember *Maharishi* teaching
back in the early days of the TM movement. Does anyone
else hear remember him saying that at the early Tahoe
courses?