> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:

> > Turq's description seems closer to an intellectual argument
> > presented to those practicing more of a mindfulness technique
while
> > remaining in the waking state, so the challenge is constantly to
the
> > waking state ego, stated in terms of the waking state ego.
Without
> > the unwinding that continual transcending brings about, this
> > technique seems most useful if practiced in direct proximity to
an
> > enlightened Master. Otherwise, there is no opportunity for the
> > required purification to take place in order to experience
> > Realization.
>
> No "purification" is required to experience realization.

Right. The experience of Realization can be had by anyone, any time.
But in order to sustain Realization, purification must occur. I
think it was Muktananda who said instant enlightenment is just that;
it lasts for an instant.

> Realization is present at every moment and has always
> been present at every moment of one's life. There was
> no moment in which one was ever *not* realized.

It is the functioning of the nervous system that prevents the
relaization of Realization though. aka maya.

> Not realizing one's enlightenment is a choice, not a
> matter of a "clogged" or "impure" nervous system.

Rather than words like clogged and impure which can imply judgment,
my experience is that the self gets twisted and must become
untwisted or unwound.

I agree that the desire for Realization is a choice, however it is
the purification of one's self resulting from this mature, sustained
desire that grows eventually into sustained Realization.

Although I think of it and experience it as a purification of the
nervous system, it is a purification so profound on the one hand,
and subtle on the other, that I doubt my subjective experience would
conform to a scientifically sanctioned definition of the nervous
system.