On Dec 9, 2006, at 2:07 PM, Peter wrote:

--- "Richard J. Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

llundrub wrote:
TM is not different from Dzogchen.

So, you're saying that Dzogchen is non-different
from TM.

When one past thought has ceased and a future
thought
has not yet arisen, "in that gap, in between",
there's
a conciousness of the present moment; "fresh,
unaltered
by even a hair's breadth of concept, a luminous,
naked
awareness." That is what Rigpa is, according to
Sogyal!

'TM, Dzogchen, and staying in the View'
http://tinyurl.com/yd4urd

However for many simply the cessation of thoughts does
not give rise to pure consciousness because of the
foundational projection/identification of
consciousness with chitta. Cessation of
thought/vrittis in chitta while identification is
still present is a laya and not samadhi. I believe
many of the decades long meditators are stuck in a
laya when they meditate. They experience peace and,
bliss, but it rarely moves into pure consciousness.

Wow, thanks for saying this. I couldn't agree more.