> > > The following was part of an email exchange
> > > that was forwarded here about a month ago by Rick.
> > > Neither the email, its excellent subject matter,
> > > or the following quote provoked a word of comment
> > > on FFL. One person asked which Dave the author of
> > > the email was, but that was it. I "replay" the
> > > quote again, seeing if it gets more comment
> > > when presented more in context:
> > >

> > > "Correctly, correctly but the idea behind this is
> > > that one shall not think badly of his master. But
> > > now I would suggest that you think about it for a
> > > moment, whether it is in principle harmful to be
> > > criticized or whether it can be even helpful?
> > >
> > > The scriptures even say that criticism helps the
> > > earnest seeker and even the wise, to wash off their
> > > sins and that in reality criticism is a support for
> > > their spiritual development.
> > >
> > > Many saints therefore put their loudest critics on
> > > the same level with their most devoted supporters.
> > >
> > > The supporters serve the mahatmas and admire them
> > > but they also take part in the wealth of their
> > > spiritual strengths; the critics however take nothing
> > > for themselves, they wash only the sins away.
> > >
> > > We should be really very grateful for the agreeable
> > > service their criticism does and therefore should not
> > > try to suffocate it."
> > >
> > > -- Guru Dev
> >
> > Guru Dev rocks! I still don't get the context of the
> > quote, because Guru Dev is obviously responding to
> > something initially. Do you have the message number
> > please?
>
> 127210

Thanks. I read through the referenced message and it seems to be
talking mainly about censorship, of which I am not an advocate, and
never have been.

The deal with a faux-Buddhist trolling on here and consistently
bashing TM and Maharishi is that it prevents discussion of nearly
anything else, so instead of just ignoring the guy like I've done
for awhile I thought I'd try bashing back. Its kind of fun,
actually, though I'll probably get tired of it at some point.