Rory: "As I said when I first met you here, I am completely willing to
be "unenlightened" with you in your world, if you are willing to
be "enlightened" with me in mine -- will that do? Can we be
both "ordinary" and "special" simultaneously together? I will if you
will. Actually, I will even if you won't ... and I don't mean that as
a put-down, just telling you who I am, while respecting your freedom
of choice to be who you want :-)"

ME: Thanks for replying in detail.  I knew I could count on some
thoughtful material in response.  There have been good perspectives
offered by others in this thread giving me food for thought.  The
paragraph above is very T.S. Elliot.  It is too clever to mess with.
Very entertaining.

I don't think I lump all Gurus in the same camp, but I think the ones
who have built up big organizations are a bit power oriented.  I don't
know about the quieter ones who never built up big Western followings.
 I did spend some time in Christian monasteries with some monks who
had a cool vibe that I wouldn't judge as being on a power trip.  I
tend to believe that gurus who end up with millions of dollars
probably wanted them and worked hard to get them.  I hold them as
different from my value system as The Donald or any other heavy empire
builder. My feelings about gurus in general is a work in progress.
Right now the jury is deadlocked and keeps requesting more
information.  It is fine with me if I never get a verdict.

I do come across exceptional people from time to time and they really
seem to be functioning from a different POV.  For me a person's POV on
life is the driving factor.  I am very influenced by the thinking of
Albert Ellis (who just died RIP) and his view of how our conceptual
models effect our happiness. (Rational Emotive Therapy)

I found this exchange helpful and I appreciate your response.  I think
we do get a skewed vision of each other from our writing.  We are all
using our writing here for our own self discovery.  Your point about
the nature of writing was a valuable one.

One of the paradoxes of the TM system is that anyone claiming to have
reached the goal was always viewed with great suspicion when I was
involved.  I can imagine the rash of S-- you would have gotten for
announcing your own perspective on your experiences.  Inherent in a
view that you are no longer resisting your enlightenment and guys like
me are, is a sort of hierarchy implied.  But I can look past that
since I carry my own versions of ranking people in my world.  It is
really none of my business how you are viewing me as long as the way
you communicate with me has the friendly connection that I sense from
your post.