I am not sure about their worming schedule at this point- I took them in from
another volunteer/rescuer b/c she was overloaded and they weren't getting
proper care, so she has their records.  All were given Advantage before they
came to me.  I'm pretty sure they got a deworming tho, b/c I know they give
dewormer to kittens even smaller than these and I doubt the other volunteer
would have had them in her house with her other cats w/o first deworming.
Plus, I look for worms all the time and have never seen any.
Do I need to take them to a vet?
Thanks,
Caroline
> Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:05:35 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Subject: Re: OT: Kitten Question> > It could be
> coccidia or giardia. Both are very common in kittens.> Coccidia is treated
> with albon, giardia with flagyl.> > It could be worms, but I'm thinking you
> wormed them already.> > On 9/25/07, Caroline Kaufmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:> > I am down to three foster kittens now as one was integrated to the
> on-site> > adoption facility (the pet supply store) on Saturday. He was
> bigger and> > totally healthy and getting to be too much for me because he
> was the> > instigator and a bad influence on the other ones. He was a B/W
> little> > Kittler, so it figures!> > Of the three I have now, they seem to be
> having a touch of diarrhea? And I> > don't know what the cause is? I'm not
> doing anything different with them.> > They all get fed Wellness Wet Kitten
> food and Eagle Pack Holistic dry> > kitten. Each gets about a half of the
> small can of Wellness in the a.m.,> > and the same in the evening. When I
> leave for work, after they have eaten> > the Wet food, they get the Eagle
> Dry- kind of free choice because they stay> > in crates when I am not home,
> so I like to leave them with some food. They> > are all drinking water fine,
> except for when they tip their waters over, but> > I don't think they go too
> long before I am able to get home and refill them> > and it doesn't happen
> every day (I just ordered "coop cups" from Revival, so> > these should solve
> that problem).> > On their wet food in the am I sprinkle L-Lysine free form
> powder and> > Brewer's yeast (and have been doing this for weeks now). In the
> pm, I do> > the same, but add a sprinkled on gel cap of Colostrum- about 290
> mgs each.> > I just placed an order for "Just Born with Colostrum" and will
> be switching> > them to that when I get it.> > I think, but am not for sure,
> that they are June babies and I don't know if> > they are from the same
> litter- 2 might be, but I don't know for sure. The> > smallest now weighs 2.8
> (and I should not that this is the only one that> > hasn't been fixed yet
> because it weighed too little, but now with me, it's a> > little eating and
> growing machine!). The biggest- Yoda- the first one I> > took in that I
> thought might die (weighed 2.4 lbs and they had him on the> > floor for
> adoption!?! with a raging URI!), anyway, he now weighs 3.6 lbs and> > I've
> had him since Labor Day Weekend!!!! He's a growing monster.> >> > So they all
> have healthy appetites and they are all gaining weight and> > getting
> noticeably bigger. They run and play like maniacs (they have so> > MUCH
> energy! My mom tells me to stop pumping them full of vitamins and> >
> supplements!) when I let them out of their crates twice a day for play-time.>
> > They are all well now-- it took 2 weeks to 14 days to bust those URI's out>
> [...]
Gear up for Halo® 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer. It’s our way of
saying thanks for using Windows Live™.
http://gethalo3gear.com?ocid=SeptemberWLHalo3_WLHMTxt_2