  From: Caroline Kaufmann
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:30 AM
  Subject: RE: Litterboxes

  The pearls are horrible.  They may have reformulated them now, so I think
they are a little bigger (?), but originally, they were really small, perfectly
round pearls and they get everywhere!  Monkee would inadvertently track them
out of the litter box with him on his feet and then they just roll everywhere
(even with carpet) because unlike the crystals, they are round and smooth.  I
would find litter pearls in the oddest places of my house- the farthest corner
away from the litter box and it used to drive me crazy!  I also found Monkee
"playing" with them a few times- batting them around like little beads- and
trying to pick them up in his mouth!  And this way before the crystal-eating
due to anemia- this was back in the beginning of his reign over me- so it was
definitely "playing" picking them up in his mouth like he would do with my
beads I used for jewelry making!  So, I had to stop using them immediately...he
thought they were play-things!
  -Caroline