I can't access the Archives.  I keep trying and I keep getting an error
message.  It's not my internet service, obviously, or I wouldn't be able to
send this email.  Anyone else tried?

I'd really like to get to the Archives because I took a cat into my home that I
took from the store on Sat. because he looked horrible and no one else is doing
anything about it (of course).  Took him to the doctor yesterday (had to fight
to get approval to even do that and the cat is obviously sickly looking- I'm so
frustrated), and the vet is very concerned about "infectious disease."  Thank
god- but I think he was shocked that the cat hasn't been treated yet, so I made
it very very clear that I just got my hands on this cat and have been playing
"clean-up duty" since the end of Aug. on these orphaned Metro AC June babies
and that the group I VOLUNTEER FOR has made my self-appointed task of cleaning
up their neglected messes, very very difficult.  I didn't mince words.  It was
Christmas Eve and I spent 2 hours and 15 mins at the vets and NOT being able to
work and I just cracked I guess.

The vet is suspecting- based only on the physical exam b/c we won't get the
blood tests (full panel) back on Wed. (hopefully)-- FIP, FIV, and/or Felv in
that order.  I am not so worried about Felv b/c I have dealt with that before
and I just don't think it's transmitted that easily in non-fighting cats (my
own opinion).  But I have never dealt with FIP and FIV and this cat was mingled
with my other fosters by the adoption agency I volunteer for before I ever even
took in any cats.  So basically I am freaking out that I may have FIP cats on
my hands and not have known it b/c of course I am now wondering if that is what
has been wrong with my weak little Possum cat all this time.  I'm mad and
scared and feel like I was asked to take in cats yet not given the resources to
deal with them fully and protect them from each other; not to mention the
caring for them with 2 hands tied behind my back b/c to get approval to take
them to a vet (for the agency to pay for it) takes more arguing and hoop
jumping-- the cat has to be practically dying to be able to get approval
without being told things like "well, if it would make YOU feel better...but I
think you are overreacting."  And I spent literally hundreds of dollars premium
food and litter that I just don't have any money left over to rush cats out to
vets and pay for it myself.  I'm just sick over this.  I'm trying to care for
this little guy until we get the results back.  I have to give him fluids-
which I have never done and he's a fighter.  He got fluids yesterday at the
clinic, but he was still somewhat sedated from when they took his blood, so I
am sure my attempt today will not go half as smooth.  He's not happy about
being in a crate in a room by himself either and it breaks my heart.

So I wanted to look through the archives because I know FIP and FIV have been
discussed before.

Also, of my 3 barn kittens (totally separated from the other fosters- so don't
worry about that), I have one now who's little spay site seems a tad oozy.
Nothing scary scary like blood or a lot of fluid, but it just doesn't look
totally right.  Not that I know what totally right looks like tho because I've
never had a kitten this young spayed and I wasn't really given any follow-up
care instructions- just been using my own common sense.  But of course, I am
worried.  And of course, it's Christmas and that makes it very hard to call and
ask anyone!

Caroline