I wanted to resend this with a new subject line, since I am now able to access
the Archives and I'm scanning for info on FIP.  None of what I'm finding is
making me feel better- only worse.
caroline

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: ArchivesDate: Tue, 25 Dec 2007
15:02:21 -0500

I can't access the Archives.  I keep trying and I keep getting an error
message.  It's not my internet service, obviously, or I wouldn't be able to
send this email.  Anyone else tried?    I'd really like to get to the Archives
because I took a cat into my home that I took from the store on Sat. because he
looked horrible and no one else is doing anything about it (of course).  Took
him to the doctor yesterday (had to fight to get approval to even do that and
the cat is obviously sickly looking- I'm so frustrated), and the vet is very
concerned about "infectious disease."  Thank god- but I think he was shocked
that the cat hasn't been treated yet, so I made it very very clear that I just
got my hands on this cat and have been playing "clean-up duty" since the end of
Aug. on these orphaned Metro AC June babies and that the group I VOLUNTEER FOR
has made my self-appointed task of cleaning up their neglected messes, very
very difficult.  I didn't mince words.  It was Christmas Eve and I spent 2
hours and 15 mins at the vets and NOT being able to work and I just cracked I
guess. The vet is suspecting- based only on the physical exam b/c we won't get
the blood tests (full panel) back on Wed. (hopefully)-- FIP, FIV, and/or Felv
in that order.  I am not so worried about Felv b/c I have dealt with that
before and I just don't think it's transmitted that easily in non-fighting cats
(my own opinion).  But I have never dealt with FIP and FIV and this cat was
mingled with my other fosters by the adoption agency I volunteer for before I
ever even took in any cats.  So basically I am freaking out that I may have FIP
cats on my hands and not have known it b/c of course I am now wondering if that
is what has been wrong with my weak little Possum cat all this time.  I'm mad
and scared and feel like I was asked to take in cats yet not given the
resources to deal with them fully and protect them from each other; not to
mention the caring for them with 2 hands tied behind my back b/c to get
approval to take them to a vet (for the agency to pay for it) takes more
arguing and hoop jumping-- the cat has to be practically dying to be able to
get approval without being told things like "well, if it would make YOU feel
better...but I think you are overreacting."  And I spent literally hundreds of
dollars premium food and litter that I just don't have any money left over to
rush cats out to vets and pay for it myself.  I'm just sick over this.  I'm
trying to care for this little guy until we get the results back.  I have to
give him fluids- which I have never done and he's a fighter.  He got fluids
yesterday at the clinic, but he was still somewhat sedated from when they took
his blood, so I am sure my attempt today will not go half as smooth.  He's not
happy about being in a crate in a room by himself either and it breaks my
heart.   So I wanted to look through the archives because I know FIP and FIV
have been discussed before.  Also, of my 3 barn kittens (totally separated from
the other fosters- so don't worry about that), I have one now who's little spay
site seems a tad oozy.  Nothing scary scary like blood or a lot of fluid, but
it just doesn't look totally right.  Not that I know what totally right looks
like tho because I've never had a kitten this young spayed and I wasn't really
given any follow-up care instructions- just been using my own common sense.
But of course, I am worried.  And of course, it's Christmas and that makes it
very hard to call and ask anyone!   Caroline

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!
The best games are on Xbox 360.  Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360
Console.