During our phone consult, she mentioned about a ton of homeopathic remedies.  I
have them written down in my "cat binder" at home.  Some for the eyes to help
with the URIs and tear stains, etc.  I know she mentioned Thuja a lot.  She
reccomended a book that Washington Homeopathic Products (Homeopathyworks.com)
sells regarding homeopathic treatment for cats and that I should consider
ordering the "animal rescue kit" for cats to have on hand.  I did order both
the book and the kit on Friday, so am not buying any homeopathic treatments at
this time- waiting on my kit.  It should have all the things she mentioned
during our consult.

After my appt. Sat. with Possum, everyone is now getting the week treatment of
Wrm Clear.  She says this kills just about everything- that it will get
tapeworms (interesting...) and also cocidia, maybe even giardia.  It just makes
the gut so inhospitable, that both parasites and bacteria can't continue to
live there.  This is mainly for Yoda- to see if it helps clear up his diarrhea
b/c Dr. Maier thinks something might be hanging around in there.  Also, since
I've had Possum over a month and he eats wonderfully, and we've now gone
through 1 1/2 tubes of nutrical, she asked if he's gotten any bigger and I said
"only longer."  Like he's grown longer, but still isn't the size he should be
for his age (6 mths-- Yoda puts him to shame body-wise).  So she wanted Possum
to get a treatment of wrm clear to make sure he doesn't have a tapeworm or
something hanging around (I haven't seen any segments tho- and believe me, I
look for those things...ewww!).

I'm also treating everyone with whatever the name of the homeopathic rem is for
over-vaccination.  And colostrum- Dr. Maier gave me some.  I ran out forever
ago and started using "Just Born" instead, then ran out of that, and due to
expenses and just plain forgetfullness, forgot to get more.  Dr. Maier says the
only kind to use in the New Zealand Bovine so I'll probably just get it from
her for now on.  By the way, she set me up to get things from her for treatment
of my fosters so that the group I vol for will pay for it...she rocks!  I got
the wrm clear, triple antibiotic eye ointment (she says not to use terramycin-
which I have been shying away from anyway b/c I have noted it seems to cause
eye irritation in my cats- guess I was right), tobramycin eye drops, the one
homeopathic rem for vaccinations, a bottle of colostrum, and a spray bottle of
"cat nap"-- all so that I didn't have to pay (which is really only fair b/c
these are fosters and I'm breaking myself paying for premium foods, crates,
bowls, ferret "hammocks", and even litter sometimes).  I did have to pay for
the Possum office visit- which was fine b/c her rates are so freaking
reasonable, but b/c I am a foster, she gave me a percent discount.  So I
finally just feel better all around- no longer like I am out there alone on a
raft with all these special needs cats that technically don't belong to me b/c
they are fosters- attempting to care for them without the assistance- when
necessary- of a discounted vet/vet period!  Ensuring my psychologcial
well-being in the situation I am in is obviously really important too.  And
feeling I was expected to do this, sans vet care, was NOT working for me.

And admittedly, I was out of town Sun. night through Tues. evening, so I didn't
have tons of time to observe the Possum, post-Dr. visit, but already there's
been even more improvement.  He just seems even more perky!  Last night and
this morning, he's just a wide-eyed, perky little thing.  He may still be
adoptable yet!  Given another month with me, he may be 85% almost normal!  And
he's the best little bed sleeper (he's so teeny and gentle- he sleeps curled in
my arms or up partially on my pillow and we have these little love fests in the
morning while my snooze alarm goes off)- he'd make such a great buddy for
someone who wants a gentle (i.e. not a high energy maniac of kitten), lovey
dovey bed buddy!

Caroline

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: OT: sick 6 mo kitten
follow-upDate: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:56:28 -0600

What did Dr. Maier say about supplements?

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who
                                will deal likewise with their fellow man.
                                                           St. Francis