  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Caroline Kaufmann
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 2:32 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: CLS- Possum

Can you add my foster kitten Possum (aka "Possee") to the CLS?  He was not
an FELV cat, but possibly FIP.

He was a struggling, failing to thrive white w/ grey kitten (who indeed
looked like a Possum), who had a rough start in life and I took him in to
give him TLC and see what I could do for him.  Unfortunately, I was unable
to get him the vet care he needed/deserved due to approval problems with the
adoption group he belonged to/I volunteered for and I will forever regret
that and feel guilty.  But I know I gave him a wonderful few months that he
wouldn't have had if I hadn't taken him in: he was kept warm, freed from the
pet store condos, got the royalest treatment of all my fosters b/c I never
made him stay in the condo-he had free reign of my two bedrooms, he slept on
the bed with me curled in my arms or on my chest or shoulder every night and
we had love-fest sessions every morning, with him purring away, he got the
highest quality food and supplements, holistic vet treatments, and a little
kitty heating pad that became his all time favorite thing.  Sadly though,
for whatever reason, whether it be FIP, a congenital heart defect, or both,
his little body couldn't keep up with his mind and desire to live and he
crashed without warning (besides a swollen belly) on me in the early morning
hours of Sunday and I rushed him to the emergency vet clinic to end his
suffering.  He was a wonderfully sweet little boy and although he was more
an old-man cat then the 7 mo kitten he was supposed to be, I loved him for
who and what he was and I will miss him dearly, especially because he became
my sleeper-bud and I haven't had one since Monkee left me in July.

He was my first cat/foster kitten to die since Monkee and that makes it even
more heartbreaking for me b/c the Monkee loss is still so fresh.  I also
wonder why they keep crashing on me on Sundays?!

Thank you,
Caroline K.

  _____

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power. Play now!
<http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan>