  From: Tad Burnett
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:50 PM
  Subject: Re: CLS

  Lynne
     Have you asked about interferon ???
  If you can find a vet that will keep a big supply of it on hand
  in his freezer it isn't very expensive... I believe its made for
  humans but does help for many animals as well...
  Its has no taste and given orally... Some people mix it with food
  or because it has no taste, just like water, it is easily given by
  seringe if the cat isn't eating....
     My vet talking with other vets on the internet says that most
  believe that the newer IR isn't any better than the old interferon
  which is much cheaper and easily given at home with little or no
  stress to the cat...
     Some people give it all the time.. I give it at the very 1st sign
  that there might be something wrong... It doesn't always work
  but there have been times when I think it may have saved my cat...
  At the very least it seems to improve the quality of life while looking
  for other things.....

  Tad

  Lynne wrote:

    I'm sorry for not being knowledgeable of this, but what is CLS and the
bridge you folks refer to?

    I've been busy trying to find some ray of hope for my BooBoo.  I showed his
blood work to the doc next door at work, who is a dog lover, not a cat but he
interpreted it as being pretty bad.  He said he has no platelets.  He then got
on the phone to a Vet friend who takes care of his dogs and gave him a brief
history of Boo and his blood work.  The vet said there was nothing I could do
about the situation and that most cats after being diagnosed lived for 2 years
at a max.  I don't even know when BooBoo contracted the disease so who knows
how long he has.  This vet though kept saying, it doesn't mean he's going to
die, whatever the H that means.  I also have a pharmacist friend who is meeting
with a vet friend of his in Detroit tomorrow and he too is running Boo's
history by him to see if there is anything at all to help him.  Apparently
Immuno Regulin is not available here in Canada so he's going to talk to this
man about it tomorrow.  People have been very kind and honest but I just am
finding this impossible to accept.  I can't wait to get home from work to see
him and almost start bawling when I am with him.  I totally hate this.  I just
hope he isn't feeling any pain.  He mostly sleeps but does purr a lot and seems
to love having us around him.  I just don't know what else to do.

    Lynne