Lynne - NO WAY could BooBoo be depressed about leaving his last owners!  It
sounds to be like he chose you to be "his people" long before any money changed
hands!
The people on this site are so full of hope for these kittys.  I think your
BooBoo has as good a chance as any of them, especially if you are proactive and
get him the right kind of veterinary attention asap.  Best wishes to you both.
Sue

---- Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
Thank you Wendy.

I will call my vet today about the Doxycycline and Hemobartanella.

Here are the results of BooBoo's blood work.  This is a Canadian lab so I don't
know if the values are the same as in the US.

WBC    9.9        MCV    57                                   WBC FLAG    EOS
(8.9)
RBC    3.95       MCH    20.0                                  % LYM    29.1
    LYM    2.8
HGB    7.9         MCHC  35.2                                 % MON    6.5
   MONO  .6
HCT    22.4        RDW    17.5                                 % GRA    64.4
    6.5
PLT    81            MPV    11.0

He wasn't doing very well last night, extremely fatigued.  I did hear him
eating some crunchy food this morning, drink either the water or milk I put
down for him last night.  I know you aren't supposed to give cats milk but I'm
desparate here to get some fluids into him.  He did wake me up by jumping on
the bed this morning and purring in my face.  My husband thought he felt really
warm last night and actually I did too.  He's cool this momrning.  What I have
noticed that kind of concerns me is that when he's sleeping his chest seems to
rise unusually high with each breath, like he has to try extra hard to breath.
This could be the anemia right?  He does have a bit of a runny nose too.
Calling the vet today.  I did manage to get the previous owners to give me his
birthday.  He will be 5 in July.  This makes me think that he got infected by a
neighborhood cat when he was allowed to roam.  If that's the case,
statistically he's on his last leg.  I was also wondering if he could be
depressed.  As bad as his previous environment was, maybe he misses those
people and his original home.  Could hormonal changes after his neutering be a
reason for his lack of interest in anything?  He was just neutered last Friday.

Gotta get moving here and go to work, although BooBoo is my real full time job
these days.

Lynne