  From: whocares whocares
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:05 PM
  Subject: new member with FeLV+ foster kitty Milli

        To:  felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

  Hi,
  This is my first post so please bear with me. I'm posting this through email.
If there's a more efficient way please let me know. 2 weeks ago I took in 7
filthy, reeking, matted, very, very ill cats from a horrific shelter in the
area. All were emaciated, dehydrated, infected eyes, URI's, ear
mites/infections, severe diahrea, etc.. My vet didn't think they'd make it
through the first night but here they are getting healthier by the day. Some
still need injectable antibiotic combos daily but they are improving.
  One of these had severe gingivitis - very infected teeth that had to be dealt
quickly. She survived the anaesthetic and had all except 4 teeth removed (her
canines were sticking sideways out of her mouth they were so infected).
  She had a blood panel done and she tested positive for FeLV. Her other levels
correlate with the positive diagnosis. She may be up to 8 yrs old? She has a
severe URI which is improving. However, she has terrible diahrea. She is on a
daily injectable antibiotic combo and also gets injectable B12 and injectable B
complex. I have her on probiotics and Standard Process Whole Body Support. I
have Collostrum. Do you recommend it and how much should I give her? She's tiny
and fragile - 4 - 5 lbs now. Do you recommend Interferon? What else can I give
her? She is isolated in a very large sunny warm bathroom and very happy and
very active (even a bit hyper). She has gone from NASTY cat in the beginning to
sweet cuddly lap cat now. Two of the others have been tested (awaiting results)
and the other 4 will have blood panels this week. Some of these new cats are
isolated together and some are isolated alone. My own cats and other permanent
fosters I have are fragile and don't get vaxed - can't due to auto immune
diseases, severe HCM, vaccinosis, etc. so the new ones have no contact with
mine.
  Any and all suggestions, advice would be gratefully accepted.
  Thanks
  El