  From: Marylyn
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:45 PM
  Subject: Re: new member with FeLV+ foster kitty Milli

  Lynne,

  Please check with another vet re the interferon.  Vets have very different
ideas on how and when to use it.  Second opinions don't hurt anything.

  On Feb 24, 2008, at 8:34 PM, Lynne wrote:

    El, I am too new to this to give advice  but I am sure you will be
receiving many replies shortly by many knowledgeable people on this group.  It
sounds to me that you are doing every thing possible for these animals that can
benefit them.  The fact that your girl is around 8 years old may be an
encouraging sign.  Maybe the antibiotics are contributing to her diarrhea? and
it is a temporary thing?  I can't imagine what more you can do for her.  She
obviously seems happy which is a really important thing and of course it is
necessary to keep yours isolated from the others.  You'll need to ask your vet
about the interferon.  It could be useful.  Apparently it has shown some
favorable results.  If I had that option now I would definitely try it but it's
too late for my boy according to the vet.  Sorry I can't be of help, I so
admire you for what you have done for these animals.  I'm sure others will come
forward as soon as they see your email.

    Best of luck
    Lynne