  From: laurieskatz
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 9:44 PM
  Subject: Re: New Member

  Welcome Laura and Laura! L- lysine is great for herpes. You might want to
join the feline herpes group, too. Those kitties can have eye and mouth
problems. Winston (probable herpes) also has unexplained high fevers and
anorexia on rare occasions - it is touch and go at those time. For herpes, the
main thing to to keep their stress level low (for FeLV, too).

  The feline acne group has lots of info on allergies (the fur loss could be
allergies or stress grooming).

  Check out www.catinfo.org for food info. This site belongs to a veterinarian
who also does rescue. She likes Wellness and suggests the grain free diets. The
best food I have found for mine is Petguard turkey and barley lite. All five
like it and all seem to be thriving on it. Of course, it does have grains. I
feed it because Frankie had panreatitis and needed a low fat food.

  Good luck and I hope others may have more insight into your combination of
issues....
  (ps my Frankie is blind)
  Laurie