My understanding is that the vaccine is 85-90% effective.

We vaccinate all our rescue cats, and I vaccinate all my personal cats.  You
will find others on this list who do not vaccinate at all.  It is a very
personal decision.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Lorrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sabrina,
>
> Thanks for your feedback on the FelV vaccine.  Years ago when the
> vaccine first came out I heard it was not too effective, but I hoped
> it had improved.
>
> Has anyone else had experience with the vaccine to share with me?
>
> Lorrie
>
> On 09-19, Sabrina wrote:
> > Hi Lorrie, Don't give up hope! I just posted a couple of days ago
> > about the two kitties I rescued who were positive just were
> > retested and are now negative!! Of course I don't know if what I
> > did had anything to do with changing their status, but if you are
> > interested in the diet I fed them and the supplements I gave them,
> > contact me offlist.
> >
> > Furthermore, the FeLV vaccine doesn't have a terribly high efficacy
> > even now. Someone on one of these lists said she worked in a cat
> > clinic for a number of years and out of the 2000 or so cases of
> > leukemia she saw, most of the ones who died had been vaccinated for
> > the disease.
> >
> > Sabrina
> > www.Pet-Sitter-Pro.com
> > www.LovingGraceRescue.org
> > Orange County, CA

http://www.rescuties.org

Check out our Memsaic!

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

Please help with the Friday Night Lights' kittens medical needs!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/the-friday-night-lights-kittens

"Rather than helping, it's easier to point fingers and say "take them first
as long as you leave me alone".