Agree 100% with Carmen.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carmen Conklin
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:49 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Testing New Kittens - Need Help

Michelle, I am relatively new to the group, but I do agree with Beth that it
is important to test all the kittens. We used to do what your vet said y
ears ago, then discovered on more than one occasion since, that if a mom is
negative it does not mean the kittens ARE negative. We had a case where mom
was negative all the time and 2 of her five kittens were positive FeLV and
the rest were always negative. If there is no hurry, I'd do what you can
this month and test another or two the next  month to  help with expenses.
Do you have a rescue group nearby that uses the IDEXX tests and does their
own testing? WE can do it for way less than the vets can even order the
tests and they might help you too.
good luck with them. Carmen and furballs at C & W Rustic Hollow Shelter. >
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Date: Tue, 30
Sep 2008 20:15:37 +0000> Subject: [Felvtalk] Testing New Kittens - Need
Help> > > I have four 7 week old kittens and their mother that came from the
pound that I need to test for FELV/FIV and my vet said that I would only
need to test the mother and one kitten and not test all kittens.> > Do you
think that will be reliable? It's $30 per snap test, so I think they're
wanting to save me money, which I appreciate, just not sure if some of the
kittens could contract a disease and others wouldn't. > > Any input would be
GREATLY appreciated. Michelle Brockman >